I’ve seen this badge on several blogs and always secretly envied those who had received it--now I have one! (Don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful, ok?) Thanks, Sam, I’m touched and honored to receive this award, even if this post is long overdue.
- Post the award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those seven people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP, inform them of these guidelines, and ask that they link back to you.
- Share “Ten Honest Things” about yourself.
When I received this award, I was in Japan. I started a list of things you probably wouldn’t already know about me, and ended up with a nice loo-ong one. Can I find it now? Of course not. So I made a new one:
- I prefer baths to showers. If there’s a tub, I immerse myself. I think I came by this honestly, as my Dad did the same thing for as long as I can remember.
- My favorite meals consist of small dishes of intensely flavored food. The food in Japan was exactly what I love most.
- The most exotic places I’ve been are Japan and Ukraine. (So far...)
- I bite my fingernails. I know, I know, but I’ve always done it and I don’t seem to be able to stop. (This is an HONEST award, after all!)
- I sleep on my side. Dan says I snore sometimes, but HE doesn’t have an HONEST award, does he? That’s all I’m saying about that.
- I’ve just discovered the music of Jacques Brel. They don’t make them like that anymore. Just a man and a microphone, that’s all. No fireworks, no special effects, no backup singers. Just him and me. And his hands.
- I LOVE spicy food. This is probably due to early culinary experiences with my Dad’s barbecue sauce. If you’re good, one day I’ll share the recipe with you.
- I love to eat with chopsticks. I’m pretty good at it too! I have about a bazillion pairs.
- Lemesee, lemesee... Two years ago I traded my PC for an iMac. My life has been easier all round since then. I can’t imagine ever going back.
- My favorite season is autumn. I love the cool air and seeing the trees deck themselves out in colors and the wonderful smell of it. A couple of years ago I walked outside one day and there was a gorgeous smell in the air. I couldn’t figure it out--was there a new bakery somewhere? Was there a tree blooming? What WAS it? AHA! I finally realized that it was fall. My favorite season. I was born in the fall.
That’s it, at least until I find that list. I’ve thought a lot about who to pass this on to, and I’ve chosen seven blogs that I love to read, which inspire me for one reason or another, and to whom I haven’t given an award already. Give them a visit; I think you'll enjoy them:
Serendipity (another one!)
Thanks for reading this far, if you have. If you haven’t, then please don't tell me. Ignorance is bliss, after all.